Each box contains (on average)
- 6 Young Guns Cards
- 3 Dazzlers Cards
- 2 Honor Roll® Cards
- 3 UD Canvas® Cards
- 1 UD Portraits Rookies Card
- 1 Instant Impression Card
Series 2 hosts the next 250 cards of the 2022-23 Upper Deck Base Set - 200 new veterans and 50 new Young Guns®, the most anticipated rookie cards of the year! Look for six of these cherished cards in every box, on average. Rookie Alert! The Young Guns® checklist will include players that debut at the start of the 2022-23 season!
Series 2 also features the continuation of these insert sets which originated with Series 1. The Series 2 portion of three of these overlay sets feature only rookies! Here is the rundown:
- Dazzlers: Since its debut in 2020-21, this brightly-colored collection of popped-out, full-bodied players has been a big hit! Collect both the Blue (one per box, on average) and Red (two per box, on average) versions of the next 50 cards of the 2022-23 set, which feature only rookies. The Red versions are exclusive to Retail boxes and Gravity Feed packs!
- Honor Roll®: The next 50 cards of this classic insert set feature only rookies. Look for two per box, on average.
- UD Canvas®: Collect 90 new star veterans and 30 new Young Guns®, as well as 15 High Series Retired and 15 High Series Program of Excellence cards. Each box contains three of the popular UD Canvas® cards, on average.
- UD Portraits Rookies: Collect the next 40 cards (including 10 SP’s) in this long-running favorite! Collect one per box, on average.
New! Series 2 also boasts a handful of intriguing new insert sets, highlighted by the following:
- Calder Candidates: This brand new set features the available rookies who are widely considered to be 2022-23 Calder Memorial Trophy candidates. Look for rare Gold parallels.
- Greetings From: Each card in this set highlights the city or state in which each NHL team plays. Collect the regular set and the rare Gold parallel.
- Purple Highlighters: Highlighters is a brightly-colored PETG insert featuring players who produced a top 2021-22 season highlight. The purple versions are a Retail-SKU exclusive!
- Instant Impressions: This is a photo-dominant set designed to resemble an instant photo from the pre-Smartphone days. Collect one per box, on average.
- Lunch Box Legends: The design of these cards hearkens back to the lunch boxes of the 1970’s - the pinnacle of lunch box popularity. The 30-card set features many of the biggest names in the League today. Keep an eye out for rare Gold parallels.
- World Juniors Grads: Each card in this set features a player who once played in the World Juniors on the classic 1992-93 Upper Deck World Juniors Grads design! Look for rare Gold parallels.
Memorabilia! Add some rookie year memorabilia to your collection via the Rookie Materials Retro set. Each card boasts a current star player alongside a player-worn jersey swatch from his rookie campaign. Both are featured on the classic 2005-06 Rookie Materials design. Look for Patch parallels #’d to just 15! Both sets are Retail-SKU exclusive!
22/23 UD Series 2 Hockey Card Breakdown*
Young Guns® - 1:4
UD Canvas Young Guns - 1:48
Calder Candidates (New!) - 1:37
Calder Candidates - Gold Parallel (New!) - 1:739
Dazzlers - Blue - 1:24
Dazzlers - Red (Retail Box & Gravity Feed Exclusive!) - 1:12
Honor Roll - 1:12
UD Portraits Rookies - 1:14
UD Portraits SP Rookies - 1:120
Day With The Cup - 1:2500
Greetings From (New!) - 1:15
Greetings From - Gold Parallel (New!) - 1:300
Highlighters - Purple (Retail Exclusive!) - 1:144
Instant Impressions (New!) - 1:24
Lunch Box Legends (New!) - 1:16
Lunch Box Legends - Gold Parallel (New!) - 1:320
Rookie Materials Retro (Retail Exclusive!) - 1:144
Rookie Materials Retro - Patch Parallel (Retail Exclusive!) - #’d to 15
UD Canvas® - 1:8
UD Canvas High Series Retired - 1:192
UD Canvas Program of Excellence - 1:192
World Juniors Grads (New!) - 1:20
World Juniors Grads - Gold Parallel (New!) - 1:384
*Content, including the stated checklist #’ing, card #’ing and ratios, is subject to change without further notice. Additionally, this list may not contain all cards available in the product as there could be unannounced cards. Stated odds reflect an average of the entire production run; no ratio is guaranteed to exist within an individual pack, box or case.